Are you prepared for home evacuation?
There are times that it would be safer to stay home. It is recommended to gather supplies for the entire family to live for 3 to 7 days.
Check list – basic
- Non-perishable food: three-day to one-week supply, with a manual can opener
- Water: 4 litres per person, per day for drinking and sanitation
- Phone charger, battery bank or inverter
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- Battery-powered or hand-crank flashlight
- Extra batteries
- First-aid kit and medications
- Personal toiletries and items, such as an extra pair of glasses or contact lenses
- Copy of your emergency plan, copies of important documents, such as insurance papers
- Cash in small bills
- Garbage bags and moist towelettes for personal sanitation
- Seasonal clothing, sturdy footwear and emergency blanket
- Dust masks if you live in an area that’s prone to earthquakes
- Help/OK Sign
Unique needs: Addition & Subtraction
Above list is provided as your starter basic kit and each household should consider add/subtract items as needed. We will post separate articles about emergency supplies for a family with a baby/small children, seniors, pet, and those who have medical conditions.